Old October 29th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dan Howe Dan Howe is offline

Default Outboard bfo

Like David said, just take an old rummage sale portable and set it by
the other radio and put it on the same band and tune on it till you get
a squeal. I think it will be higher up the dial by what the I. F. freq
is. With a little effort on tuuning around you can tune in ssb well
enough to listen to. I Did this many years ago before I had a radio
with a bfo. Maybe you could take a trip to the Good Will store an find a
cheepie. Dan