Old October 29th 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Need a source for an ACSY connector

David Thompson wrote:
Its a 7 pin ACSY. I have not tried to plug anything into the male plug

and
have no experience with a TS-130S. It is the remote connector plug shown

on
page 5 of the manual. Don't know what all the locking etc means as no
experience with this type of special Japanese connector at all!

A fellow from Avvid tells me the Kenwood part number is E07-0851-05 but a
Kenwood search comes up not found. I sent them an e-mail

Dave K4JRB

The DIN specification is German in origin. The "circular DIN" connector can
include a locking tab, ring, or no locking mechanism. You don't need any
lock.

If you absolutely MUST have the Kenwood part, Burghardt
(http://www.burghardt-amateur.com/Bur...rames/new_text
_frame.html) shows them available...

7 pin PN E07-0751-05 = $5.99 ea
8 pin PN E07-0851-05 = $6.49 ea

You want the 7-pin to interface to your amplifier -- the 8-pin is used to
interface to a remote VFO. DigiKey has the generic plugs available:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...ame=CP-1070-ND
(7-pin, $1.32 ea)
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...ame=CP-1080-ND
(8-pin, $1.35 ea)
If needed, it's super easy to "nudge" a pin with heat from your soldering
pencil.

You didn't mention what amplifier you'll be using... be aware you may need
to be concerned about ALC threshold. If you don't use ALC, just keep an eye
on your monitor oscilloscope.

Bryan WA7PRC