Old October 29th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Harold E. Johnson Harold E. Johnson is offline

Default ARRL Homebrew Challenge

And you purchase new resistors and capacitors at
$0.003 each (Not a typo, 3/10ths of a cent) from DigiKey!)) Mine came in
at
something under half your $700 figure for a 160-10 meter transceiver with
more bells and whistles than the average $2000 radio, and more performance
than most radios costing twice that!

W4ZCB

Well, Really not a typo, but at $0.31 for ten each, for the mathematically
unchallenged, that comes out to THREE cents each. Going to have to go sweep
up all those that have flipped out into never never land, hardly ever to be
seen again and restock my supplies. Them things is more valuable than I
thought. (Although I HAVE purchased SMD parts as inexpensively as $0.003
each at hamfests)

Regards
W4ZCB