Old October 29th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default D-104 Mics... how many kinds?

K3HVG wrote:
OK... I probably should have been a bit more clear when I spoke of
replacements. What I meant was a crystal or dynamic element that would
fit the D-104. Your comments about the old Rochelle salt mic elements
are, of course, entirely correct. For further amplification of my post,
I just bought a couple of crystal elements from Mouser to replace an
element in a D-104 and a 10D head. They appear to work OK with adequate
output and good frequency response, especially given the usage on AM.
They are not original nor as big ones as in the original D-104 but with
a fabricated adaptor ring, they are good to go (and inexpensive!).

I had no idea anyone was still making them! I'll check out the Mouser
catalogue just for grins! Thanks!
--scott