Old October 29th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
charlie charlie is offline

Default ARRL Homebrew Challenge

Tim Shoppa wrote:

SNIP

IMHO one of the basic premises of the challenge - that the lack of sub-
$50 radios is limiting access to the hobby - is the problem. After the
designs are published and we don't see a huge influx of new hams, I
think we'll finally be able to abolish the thought that sub-$50 radios
aren't the silver bullet and move on to facing the real challenges
instead of stupid lines in the sand.

That said, I really look forward to the clever things done to make a
multimode HF transceiver for just $50.

Tim.

How about the BITX20? That can made for $50 surely.
http://www.phonestack.com/farhan/bitx.html

Charlie.

--
M0WYM