Old October 30th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Richard is offline

Default Anyone willing to email me a copy of the Yaesu FR50B User Manual?

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi. I need to look at the FR50B user manual. If anyone is willing to email
me the manual, please do. Much appreciated. Thanks.

My email:

Please remove the word "GARBAGE". Thanks.

I'd really like a copy of the user manual, but if that does not materialise,
anyone know the operation of the FR50B?

This is what I THINK it is:

It's a double conversion reciever thus:

\|/RFin RF AMP---- 1st MIX ---- 5173.9 Khz FILTER --

L.Osc (VFO)

---------------------- 2nd -----455 Khz FILTER

MIX

HETERODYNE OSC (5628.9 Khz)

1st IF = 5173.9 Khz
2nd IF = 455 Khz

It's the frequencies that I'm after for each band. To work them out I need
the mixing details.

I think the mixing details a

80 and 40m: 1st IF = L.O - RF in
2nd IF = HET OSC - 1st IF