Old October 30th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] eternalsquire@comcast.net is offline

Default UHF ATV converter

On Oct 29, 9:14 pm, (Geoffrey S. Mendelson) wrote:
wrote:
I am actually trying to send the output of a video card to a CATV
channel.
I have VGA, S-Video, and RCA TV-out for choices.

I don't know where you are, but since you are posting from comcast, I'll
hazzard a guess that you are in the U.S.

My suggestion to you is to go to Radio Shack, or a store similar to what
they used to be and buy a modulator for a video game or DVD player.
You may be able to find one at a second hand sale, Salvation Army,
Goodwill, etc.

Take the composite output (RCA socket TV-out) and plug it into the
modulator and be done.

The VHF ones are usually fixed to channel 3 and 4 (with a switch), the
UHF ones are usualy tunable, but you may be able to "tweak" them.

Geoff.`

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog athttp://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/

I want to build a tunable UHF modulator for myself. If I wanted to
be an appliance
operator I would not be posting on this newsgroup.