Old October 31st 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default Homebrew Handheld Antennas

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am looking for plans to build some 70cm antennas for my handheld
radios. Cannot find much on the net. Has anybody on this forum built
their own, if so, how did they perform?
Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated.
Cheers
Max

I made a helical talkie antenna once from a piece of rubber rod, some wire,
shrink sleeving and a connector. I don't have any detailed constuction
dimensions. But the tuning involved pulling the end of the wire from the
shrink sleeving, and snipping off small sections of the wire while measuring
field strength. Several iterations were required, but it worked.