Old October 31st 07, 09:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Heard KOKC on 1520 kHz @ 12 AM PDT

Heard KOKC on 1520 kHz @ 12 AM PDT
from Oklahoma City, OK -USA-
- - - Heard on 30 OCT 2007

S-Meter : Solid S7 with Good Audio and
Top-of-the-Hour KOKC Radio Station ID

"Talk Radio 1520 KOKC" = http://www.1520kokc.com/
http://www.ontheradio.net/radiostations/kokcam.aspx
http://www.kokcradio.com/

KOKC - 1520 kHz - 50 KW - Class "A" (I-B)
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/amq?list=0&facid=73981
http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...OKC&service=AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOKC_(AM)

FCC : Clear, Regional, and Local Channels
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/amclasses.html

North American Nighttime "Clear Channel" AM Stations
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/bl...amndbyfreq.htm
CLEAR = http://www.ac6v.com/clearam.htm

Nightime AM/MW Radio Stations 50 KW Powerhouses
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/bl...rp/amradio.htm

"The Midnight Radio Network"
http://www.1520kokc.com/jocks.php?jockID=167
MRN = http://www.midnighttrucking.com/

Over-the-Air Distance from Oklahoma City, OK
to Twain Harte, CA about 1200 Miles.

yes - i heard it while listening to my radio ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -USA- @ 3650 Feet Elevation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twain_Harte%2C_CA
Latitude 38° 02' 41" N @ Longitude 120° 14' 5" W
Radio : Grundig Satellite 800 Millennium Radio
Antenna : Five 1/4 WL Element 5-Wire Flat TV Rotor
Cable about 100 Foot Long Horizontal Wire Antenna
Laid-Out : Feed-Point-End WSW to ENE Far-End
~39 Foot Feed-Point Apex and ~8 Feet Far-End
Horizontal but runs into a Sloping Hill Side at the Far-End
.