Old November 3rd 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Robert11 Robert11 is offline

Default Replacement Antenna Suggestions ?

Hello,

Would like to ask your opinions on what is generally acknowledged as the
"best" replacement antenna for a handheld scanner.

I realize that no one can cover all the bands really well, but if you had to
pick just one
for the typical scanner's overall range of perhaps 30 MHz up to 1.2 GHz or
so, which would it be ?

I heard about the Diamond RH77CA. Would this be the best bet ?

My problem is that I really don't want to keep switching antennas, and I do
listening
most anywhere.

Are there handheld antennas with traps or small tuning coils for really good
coverage on the major bands, yet have decent coverage over the rest ?

I would also like to throw in one additional constraint; that being that I
would
like it to be no more than about 12 inches in length, or so.

Suggestions ?

Thanks,
B.