Old November 4th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default Yaesu FRG-7 main dial lamp?

Bryan wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Hobby shops are good places to shop for grain of wheat lamps (typically
available in 6V and 12V types). Two issues with using 12V lamps:
a) your AC power supply or automotive charging system supplies 13.8V but

the
lamp is rated for only 12V... running current will be high (lifetime

will be
Mouser has a pretty good assortment, and unlike the hobby shop, you can

find
the actual specs for voltage, CP, and hours life.

-Chuck

Gee... the last batch of 10 ($10 US/pkg) I bought from the local hobby
emporium were marked:

Mfr: Miniatronics Corp
PN: 18-028-10
Voltage: 14V
Current: 80mA
Dia: 5.5mm
Average Life: 10,000 hours
Website: http://www.miniatronics.com/

That's great! I am more used to them being marked something "useful"
like: locomotive lamp, or street lamp, 12V...

Mouser sells that same lamp (by Chicago Miniature Lamps) for $0.43 each
in a pack of 10. They have no minimum order.

-Chuck