Old November 6th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lynn Coffelt Lynn Coffelt is offline

Default Seeking advice on regenerative receiver

"Antonio Vernucci" wrote in message
According to site http://www.qsl.net/wd4nka/TEXTS/qdynef.htm , the

regenerative
converter should improve image rejection (while channel selectivity is

left to
the BC-453 narrow IF).

I am going to build it and see how it behaves.

73

Tony I0JX

Tony, I'm anxious to hear your results! My own gut feeling is that
there could be a small improvement in image rejection, but not enough to
make a big difference. Don't let anyone keep you from trying, we all have
our thoughts, but only a firsthand account will mean much.

Looks like others have covered most of the bases. I tried using a
BC-453 with it's 85khz IF as a sharply selective IF strip for a home brew,
single conversion front end. (for CW, of course). Anyhow, the selectivity
goal was met OK, but I had never thought how much trouble it would be to
design a local oscillator (for the home brew front end's converter) that
would keep the signal in the new, terribly selective IF band pass. On a
crowded band, I was forever losing my contact when it was my turn to listen.
Either my contact had drifted away, or my receiver had drifted too far for
me to find him in the howling jungle.

Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ