Old November 9th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IBOCcrock IBOCcrock is offline

Default You know you're a shortwave fanatic if....

On Nov 9, 11:26 am, IBOCcrock wrote:
On Nov 9, 11:05 am, "Bruce Atchison - author"
wrote:

Dear folks;

I had an interesting experience a few years ago which proved how much of a
shortwave fanatic I was, and still am. I rode an escalator one morning when
I noticed the woman in front of me. It wasn't her shapely body and long
brown hair which attracted my attention but the letters A I R on her
jacket. I felt envious. I didn't know All India Radio had promotional
clothing. Then the woman turned her head, moving her hair out of the way
and exposing the Nike swoosh. I must admit that I felt let down when I saw
that.

Anybody else have a similar experience? Often we use words which have
totally different meanings to non-shortwave devotees. I'm sure there are
other examples such as mine. Please share your stories with the rest of us.

Sincerely,

Bruce Atchison - author of When a Man Loves a Rabbitwww.bookadz.com/whenaman.htm

Are you gay - didn't you notice whether she had nice breasts when she
turned around? A nice creamy Indian woman with sexy long hair that was
probably flowing over her ample breasts, and you didn't even notice?
Jesus! Who cares about AIR, when I would only be thinking about taking
her from behind on the escalator!- Hide quoted text -

Wha tdo you think, Buuuuuuurrrrrrr?