Old November 10th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Highland Ham Highland Ham is offline

Default Please help

SPAM FREE australia.radio.broadcast.moderated (Keitha)_ wrote:
I need a 60 meter transmitting aerial for a HF
Shortwave service with 1kw

Can anyone tell me where to get one

===============================
== 60 metres ,hence freq is 5 MHz ?
== Fixed frequency ?
== What is desired operating range ?
== What area is available to accommodate an antenna?

If for a limited range I would put up a single tubular (guyed) mast with
a non-metal top end and fit an inverted V shape dipole with a suitable
length of twin feeder and a current balun/choke near the transmitter
,assuming the transmitter needs to see a 50 Ohms resistive load.
The dipole would be 2 times 15 metres long with the twin feeder length
30 meters or a multiple thereof .

Alternatively an inverted V dipole ,length 2 times 30 metres with the
twin feeder length 15 metres or an odd multiple thereof.

Your question is too broad , please specify purpose and operating
freq/range of the transmitter.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH