Old November 12th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Stefan Wolfe (semi-OT)

Richard Clark wrote:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:56:31 -0500, "Stefan Wolfe"
wrote:

One would be rather naive to allow his true email id appear in any
header or even the message body on usenet. You know how the software bots
harvest email id's from usenet for spamming and other purposes.

I've been transmitting in the clear, here, for 12 years.

My inbox gets about 3 SPAM a week.

I've been running bareback since I've been on the net also.

"Anonymous" people so often have a reason for it, and it usually isn't
the one they tell you. And this presumed anonymity is usually
accompanied by a degree of obnoxiousness

If a person posts, they can be found. If it is so important to a person
to not be found, they should not ever post. Simple. And a person
interested in privacy should never ever be a ham. Our info is spread all
over the world and open for all to see.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -