Old November 13th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J. Mc Laughlin J. Mc Laughlin is offline

Default Stefan Wolfe (semi-OT)

The abhorrence of anonyminity by those of us who live in, or come from, a
rural society (or an academic society) is palpable. One who tries to hide
must have a nefarious reason to do so. SPAM avoidance is a make-weight
reason. ... my opinion. Mac N8TT

--
J. McLaughlin; Michigan, USA
Home:
"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:56:31 -0500, "Stefan Wolfe"
wrote:

One would be rather naive to allow his true email id appear in any
header or even the message body on usenet. You know how the software bots
harvest email id's from usenet for spamming and other purposes.

I've been transmitting in the clear, here, for 12 years.

My inbox gets about 3 SPAM a week.

My professional email has been published by the Government as a
registered contractor. THAT inbox gets 60 SPAM a day.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC