Old November 13th 07, 08:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default High Frequency VOLMET Broadcasts and Shortwave Aeronautical Stations

On Nov 12, 5:56 pm, " wrote:
On Nov 12, 8:19 pm, Greg wrote:

In article . com,

" wrote:
On Nov 12, 7:01 pm, Steve wrote:
...seem to be pretty good. Several volmets that I routinely check are
booming in, and I've got an unusually good signal from Radio Verdad on
4052.

thanks.. will check it out . .

& whats the frequencie(s) for the Volmets ..

Here's a web page of VOLMET freq's & info. I can't vouch for the
accuracy but it's a place to start.

Greg

Got it

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/volmet-wx.htm

thanks- Hide quoted text -

FO&A,

High Frequency VOLMET* Broadcasts and
Shortwave Aeronautical Stations
- - - Station List Compiled -by- William Hepburn
http://www.dxinfocentre.com/volmet.htm
* VOLMET = Volume Meteorological (Aviation)
- ATIS - Automatic Terminal Information Service
- VOLMET - Routine Broadcast of Meterological Information
For Aircraft In Flight (INTL R) (Civil)
- VOLMET - Routine Broadcast of Meterological Information
For Aircraft In Flight (NATL R) (Civil)
- VOLMET - Routine Broadcast of Meterological Information
For Aircraft In Flight (OR) (Military)
- WX - Weather Broadcast (OR) (Military)

VOLMET - Meteorological Information for Aircraft in Flight
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VOLMET

Automatic Terminal Information Service (ATIS)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automat...mation_Service

PLUS - AMANDX Presents -by Shawn Axelrod
Utility Frequencies 500 kHz TO 6999 kHz
http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/utility.html
-also- Frequencies 7000 kHz to 12999 kHz
-and- Frequencies13000 kHz to 30000 kHz

SEE - Planes, Boats and Trains
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/planes.html

~ RHF