Old November 13th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Stefan Wolfe (semi-OT)

J. Mc Laughlin wrote:
The abhorrence of anonyminity by those of us who live in, or come from, a
rural society (or an academic society) is palpable. One who tries to hide
must have a nefarious reason to do so. SPAM avoidance is a make-weight
reason. ... my opinion. Mac N8TT

I get huge amounts of spam at this address, but it is because it has the
dread initial/number/domain combo, not because I post to newsgroups with
my real name. The spammers simply send out mail with a gazillion
combinations of initials/numbers/domains, and hope something hits.

In my other address, I post with real address and name too, and get very
little spam.

I wonder just how much newsgroup harvesting is doen these days. It
wouldn't be very efficient.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -