Old November 13th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
William Allen William Allen is offline

Default Best National receiver = ?

Rick,

I'm not a ham but Dad was, I'm just a real serious DX'er and boatanchor
collector.

These are my pics....

NC-183D (dad swore by it that it was the best ever made)

NC-173 (they took it on an epic ocean voyage for a reason)

NC-88 ...easiest to come by in good shape

Thanks for letting me have my input
"Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T)" wrote in message
news

Which is the best of the old boat anchor National receivers of the NC-xxx
(188, etc.) vintage, for SSB, AM, and CW? Would like something with a
product detector for best results on SSB.

Thanks...