Old November 15th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default skin depth decay

For a moment I can ignore the capacitive and inductive constituents
of a radiator and concentrate on "skin depth" Ignoring my premise
that the surface is covered with free electrons that are expelled
from a energy storage system. I look at a piece of aluminum
as a raw material which is measured and placed within a vacuum.
Since it is accepted that skin depth is a volume that is decaying
it would appear that the loss of this volume could be a subject of
measurement. By the same token we could remove a radiator from an
array
and also place that part after measurement to quantisize the
.. the amount of decay and compare the differences.
We could then examine the decayed remanants to determine its
properties.
Has this been done and what were the findings?
This would certainly help it determining how the material forming the
skin
got there in the first place!
Question arise whether the skin material comes from the atmosphere
or from a regenerative property of the material itself thus ruling out
the sino soidal applied energy. .( Ignoring the obvious question as
how the energy got past the capacitance while retaining it's initial
properties).
Bear in mind that present calculations are based on the understanding
that
a sino soidal current is present at every segment point that can be
chosen
which then allows the presence of a time variant at each and every
point
on a radiator.(This an alternative to my viewing the radiator as a
tank circuit)
Ofcourse if you already know of a book that shows how the skin
surface
materialises from the beginning and methodically replaced as it moves
from the surface to the innards of the radiator, please let me know.
Regards
Art