Old November 16th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default RSGB RadCom December 2007 Issue

Richard Harrison wrote:

The alternating magnetic field creates an alternating electric field in
the space surrounding it. Due to the alternation of the electric field
an alternating displacement current will exist in space, which will give
rise to another alternating magnetic field in the space surrounding the
displacement current, etc., etc., etc..

Maxwell`s proof is courtesy B. Whitfield Griffirh, Jr.`s
"Radio-Electronic Transmission Fundamentals", now in reprint by Scitech
Publidhing, Inc..

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Richard;

Thanks for taking the time to post that data.

Of course, in my "addled way of thinking", I still see the probability
of a media in which these actions are taking place (electric to magnetic
and magnetic to electric )--such as when you swing a wire (media)
through a magnetic field.

But, really, it is all still a question ... anyway, pondering keeps me
outta the bars. :-)

Regards,
JS