Old November 16th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default RSGB RadCom December 2007 Issue

On 16 Nov, 10:38, Cecil Moore wrote:
Richard Harrison wrote:
Maxwell`s first field equation says that a changing magnetic field will
produce an electric field. The second equation says that a changing
electric field will produce a magnetic field.

Does this cause and effect chain of events result in a
phase lag between the electric and magnetic fields?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

I would like more than that!
I would like to know what Terman had to say about radiation
which is a cause of most discussion the summation of which
is not accepted by the IEEE. I don't think he has given any
credit to Maxwell, Faraday, Heaviside or any of the pioneers
in any of his books so it would be interesting to know why
his wrestling with the mechanics of radiation was to no availe!.
And Richard, when you have finished reading from Terman
to get us to sleep, would you consider for your next book
to read to us, like Lady Chatterlies Lover by D.H. Lawrence?
That book may well prevent you going to sleep as well while
reading on the net Most of us have read all the volumes by
Terman so a different reading book may well be of more interest.
Art