Old November 17th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default A novice type question

art wrote:
Regards
Art

You are going to need the big toroids for a KW+. 160-10m, as others
have pointed out, has trade-offs when done with a single balun of a
single type.

The 2.25 (B type, I think--greater cross section area) in. O.D. red
material (number not right in front of me) by Amidon has done 1KW 80-10m
for me well in the past--but I concentrate on keeping the SWR low. High
swr will cause noticeable/damaging heating of the core material--if my
experience is any gauge.

For awhile, you could pick up this material on ebay for a song, just did
a quick search and didn't turn up any usable material for your needs ...
might have to order directly from Amidon.

Regards,
JS