Old November 17th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Analog versus DSP

In article
,
wrote:

On Nov 16, 3:31 pm, wrote:
Here is the short explanation. Old farts can't handle the ar7030
menus. if you understand computers, the menus are not an issue. What
the menus do buy you is a compact radio, since you don't need all the
space for buttons and knobs. Again, I'll repeat, I never use the
remote. The menus are quite easy to use.

I have no doubt that the menus are easy to use--that's not the issue.
My concern is that they're tedious to use. Having to go through a menu
to get to a function just can't compare to having a dedicated control
for that function.

Use the remote control then.

--
Telamon