Old November 17th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Low Noise receiving Loop antenna

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:02:35 -1000, Tony Giacometti
wrote:

I did do a search for loops of this type and basically they are all the
same.

Hi Tony,

If the link you supplied is an indication of sameness, they are
equally complex and problem magnets.

No, loops are not all the same. There is quite a variety (you
supplied one poor variant to a simple turn of wire in the sky).

I have been told Wellbrook makes good loops, but I don't like the idea of
spending $300-$500 for one at this point.

More than $20 spent is only buying custom designed furniture.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC