Old November 18th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default Low Noise receiving Loop antenna

On Nov 17, 7:31 pm, Tony Giacometti wrote:

I am thinking I should take another look at the receiver and make sure it
does'nt have something strange going on.

I do appreciate your input.

You are getting a peak so the loop is tuned.. I doubt the
receiver is the problem, or you wouldn't hear the noise
peak. So it's down to pretty much what Roy just said at this
point. You need to check the nulls. And if the noise
is multiple sources, it can only do one at a time, unless
two are in the same exact direction, or exactly 180 apart.
So it might, or might not do what you want.
The null should be very sharp. Just a slight movement
can cause quite a change in the depth of the null
on a local noise source, so the aim has to be near
perfect for best results.
MK