Old November 18th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Brian Howie Brian Howie is offline

Default Resontate frequency of parallel L/C

In message , Dave writes
What is the resonate frequency of this network, as determined between
the top and bottom of what I have drawn?

I don't know how well the drawing will come out, but it consists of:

100 uH in series with 1000 Ohms.
100 pF in series with 1000 Ohms

The two two networks above are in parallel

i.e.

!
-----!-----
| |
| |
L C
| |
| |
R R
| |
| |

I ran it through Spice ( laziness) - It doesn't resonate. Intuitively
you think it should have a low Q resonance at 1.6MHz , but it doesn't
Nice one.

73 Brian GM4DIJ

--
Brian Howie