Old November 18th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Resontate frequency of parallel L/C

Dave wrote:
What is the resonate frequency of this network, as determined between
the top and bottom of what I have drawn?

I don't know how well the drawing will come out, but it consists of:

100 uH in series with 1000 Ohms.
100 pF in series with 1000 Ohms

The two two networks above are in parallel

Since the two resistances are equal, seems to me the
resonant frequency would be where the two reactances
are equal. Where the 100 uH line crosses the 100 pf
line on the reactance chart in the ARRL Handbook is
in the ballpark of 1.591549431 MHz. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com