Old November 18th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wimpie Wimpie is offline

Default Resontate frequency of parallel L/C

On 18 nov, 13:11, Dave wrote:
What is the resonate frequency of this network, as determined between
the top and bottom of what I have drawn?

I don't know how well the drawing will come out, but it consists of:

100 uH in series with 1000 Ohms.
100 pF in series with 1000 Ohms

The two two networks above are in parallel

i.e.

!
-----!-----
| |
| |
L C
| |
| |
R R
| |
| |
------------

hello Dave,

Normallly the resonant frequency of circuit is the frequency where Zin
is real. The problem with this circuit is that Z is real everywhere
and Q will be zero. So in my opinion it is useless to define a
resonant frequency for this circuit. The only other option you have
is to find the frequency where Im(current left leg) = -Im(current
right leg), 1.600 MHz.

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJS