Old November 18th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Donaly Tom Donaly is offline

Default Resontate frequency of parallel L/C

Cecil Moore wrote:
Tom Donaly wrote:
My calculator needs fixing. When I divide 100 uH by 100 pF and take
the square root, I end up with the number 1000. Where did I go wrong?

The actual formula is 1/[2pi*SQRT(L*C)]

Not in this case. All you have to do, Cecil, is take your formula,
above, find the frequency you think is the resonant frequency, and
then use it to find the impedance across the circuit. Now, try some
other frequency. You can prove that this circuit can be replaced by
a 1000 ohm resistor for all frequencies, using network analysis, but
that's a little more difficult.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH