Old October 11th 04, 04:00 PM
Mad Dog

Default SWR meter and tuner for mobile HF

I am using a 706 MKIIG in the truck and i would like to use
a HF SWR meter because the transceiver does not have a SWR
function for HF only VHF.
I am building the mobile station 1 piece at a time while acquiring
my General class license and would value your opinions on the
most practical SWR meter and antenna tuner for use on 1.8-30Mhz
A SWR meter/antenna tuner that includes 2-meter would simplify
things greatly.
I am presently using a Diamond tri-bander on the VHF side.
I have been switching beween a 20 meter and 40 meter hamstick
while monitoring the HF side and listening to the CW broadcasts nightly.
I have looked at the MFJ lineup and really appreciate a compact unit that
is both durable and rugged because i travel the country in a KW W900L.
The antenna tuner will be used to put the finishing touch on the hamsticks
and finish tune the tri-bander.
I hope i furnished enough info to base your opinions on and
thanx n advance.
--
KG4LBD