Old November 19th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Joseph Fenn Joseph Fenn is offline

Default MFJ or other ant anlalizer

************************************************** ************************
* Ham since 1937 HiSchool Sophomore ex W9ZUU, KP4EX, W4FAG, KH6ARG KH6JF *
* WW2 Vet since Sep 1940 to just After VJ day. US Signal Corps AACS *
************************************************** ************************

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Karl in Spokane wrote:

Anyone have good luck with this unit? Looking for coverage in the 2,
1 1/4 meter bands.

I have the MFJ Differential T tuner with the roller inductor.
I had to use DEOXIT to clean the roller conductor as it gets crud
on the roller wire after extensive use. I still use it now after
5 years. MFJ augmented this tuner which is belt driven to a
gear driven upgrade which would be a heck of a lot more accurate
than my early version. It still works okay, but needs a cleaning
as you can work around the corroded spots on the roller inductor.
Joe