Old November 19th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Plasma Antennas

"Richard Harrison" wrote in message
KI6KIU wrote:
"Wunder if I can get that to work on two meters, and how would I ?"

A plasma is conductive like a wire. One can couple to a conductor
without attachment by surrounding it with a toroid and connecting to the
toroid. This is shown on page 380 of "Radio-Electronic Transmission
Fundamentals" by B. Whitfield Griffith, Jr..

Why bother?

Progress, my good man, progress! We're working on a cold plasma conductor
for your i-Pod.

Pons & Fleischmann