Old November 19th 07, 09:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The Advantage of Synchronous Detection in the Sony ICF-SW7600GR

On Nov 18, 6:09 pm, Bart Bailey wrote:
In posted on Sun, 18 Nov
2007 11:45:38 -0600, craigm wrote: Begin

That being said, the author of the does not really know how a sync detector
works, nor does he understand how it helps to receive a signal.

I read the piece and was surprised enough to review again his claim of
SD alleviating multipath issues to be sure I hadn't missed something,
then came to the same conclusion as you have.

IMHO - He simply wrote the piece from the 'perspective' of a
Radio Listener {User} trying to Put-into-Words the Results
that he was Hearing. He was not trying to 'communicate' to
a Radio Engineer or Techie - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techie

thinking like a radio listener -who- enjoys the medium ~ RHF