Old November 20th 07, 09:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The Sun been very quiet lately

On Nov 19, 6:26 am, David wrote:
On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:54:09 -0800, Telamon

wrote:
Last time I saw the geomagnetic field disturbed was Oct. 30. Other than
the solar electron flux gusting a few times in the beginning of this
month or the solar winds magnetic field swinging the wrong way for good
conditions causing a night or two with some fading on the lower bands
not much has happened so far this month.

The calm before the storm.

- VHF has been very open lately.
- There's a station on every channel
- on the FM Broadcast band.

David,

OK -if- we look at the last FCC Data {Sept 2007}
for the FM Broadcast Radio Station Totals :
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/totals/bt070930.html#START

Total Nunber of FM Radio Stations = 6,290

Total Nunber of FM {Educational} Radio Stations = 2,873

GRAND TOTAL NUMBER OF FM RADIO STATIONS = 9,163

With 100 FM Radio Station Channels @ 200 kHz Spacing
between 88 MHz and 108 MHz in the USA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_broa...ic_US_bandplan

That-is-About : 92 Radio Stations per Channel Nation-Wide

the magic of numb3rs ~ RHF