Old November 21st 07, 03:49 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
Scott W[_2_] Scott W[_2_] is offline

Default Longest distance for Scanner Reception

a écrit dans le message de news:

wrote in message

Enjoying my new scanner, recently listened to the traffic generated
after a young man
attempting to rob a bank, was pursued and speedily captured by New
Yorks Finest.

I occasionally pick up New Paltz N.Y. over 70 miles away on my Uniden
BC 95 Scanner;

( Truck stuck under the toll booth )

Even though I am ~ 300 feet above sea level, I find this remarkable.

Go a rat shack Center loaded whip,

am waiting for Fair Radio to send me some co-ax

http://www.fairradio.com/catalog.php...item&item=1291

so I can mount the whole thing in a window . .

Is there any record for long distance reception on scanners; ?

BarnegateDx

Wait for sun spot max, you'll get lots of sporadic e, I've heard
transmissions from england & ireland on the vhf low band!

When's the next sun spot max?
--
'Brother Can You Spare Another Piece of Cake?'