Old November 25th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The Great Debate : Free Internet Radio - It Ain't Free ! -while-Free Over-the-Air Radio Is FREE !

On Nov 24, 4:47 pm, Steve wrote:
On Nov 24, 6:50 pm, RHF wrote:

Steve,

The Great Debate : Free Internet Radio - It Ain't Free !
-while- Free Over-the-Air Radio Is FREE !
[ Arguing-the-Absurd ]

Question - Do You Pay For Internet Service {Access} ?

Of course I pay for internet access.

Hell No ! - I Have 'Free' Internet Access - * Its Free -and-
Therefore Your Internet Radio Too "Is Free" ! - Lucky You }

-OR- Are You Like the Vast Majority of Internet Users -and-
Must Honestly Say : Oh Yeah ! - I "Paid" For Internet Acce$$
- It Does Cost Me Money - Every Month / Every Year .
Therefore Your Internet Radio Too "Is Not Free" ! - Reality :-{
-cause- WIthout the Fees for Intenet Acce$$ : You would NOT
have Your Internet Radio as Part of the Acce$$ / $ervice [.]
-TBL- Internet Radio It Ain't Free [.]

Of course my internet access isn't free. Nor is the electricity that I
use to run my over the air radios. So what? You said that there is a
monthly fee SPECIFICALLY for listening to internet radio. I would
appreciate it if you would explain this, as I've yet to receive any
internet radio bills in the mail.

Now it is true that -if- you get your Internet Radio "At Work" :
It Cost You Nothing -but- Your Employer Is Paying For
Internet Acce$$.

Plus -if- you get your Internet Radio "Via WiFi" at StarBucks :
It Cost You Nothing -but- StarBucks Is Paying For Internet Acce$$.
-and- Your Two Dollar Cup-of-Coffee was Not Free.

Now 'At-Home' My Pocket AM/FM Radio -IS- "Free".
* Any Where Around The House Inside and Out.

Now 'At-Work' My Pocket AM/FM Radio -IS- "Free".
* Any Where In The Work Place.

Now 'In-Any-Store' My Pocket AM/FM Radio -IS- "Free".
* Any Where Throughout The Mall - StarBucks included.

Now 'In-the-Car' My Car AM/FM Radio -IS- "Free".
* Any Where I Drive.

Yes I Am Free-To-Be-Me -with-
My "Free" Over-the-Air Radio ~ RHF

So far as I can tell, we're in complete agreement about all of this.
We only seem to disagree about whether there's a monthly fee that is
not for electricity and not for internet but is specifically for
internet radio. Can you tell us more about this fee?- Hide quoted text -

Steve,

Built-in-Cost - Internet Radio as a 'Sub-Set' of the Internet Service
{Access} Fee is a Built-in-Cost. -Note- This is a Direct Payment.

BUT - Technically everytime that I buy a Product or Service
that is Advertised on the Radio - It Too Has The Built-in-Cost
of Radio Advertising [IN-IT]. -Note- This is an In-Direct Payment.

In Reality - We (As Consumers) Pay for Both :
At Some-Point-In-Time [.]

- yes it is that simple ~ RHF