Old November 25th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave Jay in the Mojave is offline

Default value of a 20 year old Astatic Silver Eagle Mic

Steveo wrote:

Hey Jay I just picked up an mc-60 cheap for this kenwood, dude dropped it
off for test and tune. It ain't an electro voice or a heil but i'm getting
good audio reports from it at any rate. (i hit the up/down switch by
mistake if i'm not careful) instead of the key.

Hello Steveo:

Yeah those MC60 mics are good mics. I had one and it sounded like
broadcast quality audio. If you can get our hands on a Sure 444 those
also great mic's. Yeah you will be taking to the space shuttle if your
not careful.

I used old Motorola commercial Mics, modified to high impedance output,
with push button switchs for the up and down function. A lot of work but
it made the Motorola Radios sound great on SSB.

Jay in the Mojave