Old November 25th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
[email protected] mcalhoun@ksu.edu is offline

Default MFJ or other ant anlalizer

Both the MFJ 259 and 269 cover the 2-meter band....

Autek Research makes a series of competing analyzers, one of which
....[snip]....
Reports on eHam.net seem to indicate that Autek
has a build-quality problem even worse than MFJ's, and serious
problems with customer support and satisfaction.

I purchased an Autek VA-1 which "measured" the Autek-supplied precision
resistors with a 10-15% error and it drifted terribily, but after I
complained by email and returned the unit (at my expense), they sent
me another (at their expense) which seems to work fine, so while they
had a build-quality problem, I have no complaints on their customer
support..
--
--Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge