Old November 25th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David[_5_] David[_5_] is offline

Default rankings of international broadcasters (chime in everyone)

tom k in L.A. wrote:
I would rate the international broadcasters as follows, based on
reception quality and quality of sound. Everyone else chime in:

1. Radio Netherlands
2. CRI
3. Radio Australia
4. RNZI
5. BBC

not ranked:
Deutsche Welle: A non-entity on radio these days, has pulled back too
much transmissions.

Voice of Russia: Broadcasts, but reception is absolutely terrible,
and their audio equalization has too much bass such that even when
reception is good, it is difficult to clearly understand.

I get them all just fine on the Sirius. I like to listen to the Coast
Guard on the HF.