Old November 26th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Vincent antenna

art wrote:

The post that originated this thread stated that the antenna was
unbalanced and therefore should have a ground system.
Fry had some comments that were not related or in conflict
with what was stated, he just doesn't read to well.
Back to the originating post.The antenna is unbalanced but without a
connected ground system such that current will flow on the outside of
the coax braid. If this braid is buried this current will leak to the
ground(capacitive coupling). Question. At what distance does the coax
have to travel such that current on the outside does not exist?
Art

I understand this Art. However, I am sure you won't mind a bit of side
conversation--don't mean to hijack your thread. ;-)

Regards,
JS