Old November 26th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default For Sale -Home brew balanced line tuner - Twin Roller Inductors

On Nov 26, 6:26 am, Highland Ham
wrote:
Hi, Bob.
Care to tell us what frequencies,antennas and types of feed lines you
have used the tuner on? Have you ever put RF ammeters in the feed line
to see if it's really balanced?

Did you gear drive or chain drive the two coils? Looks like a nice
job!

===============
To check whether the feed line is truly balanced also depends on the
symmetry of the antenna. Any 'unbalance can best be determined by
clamping a RF current sensor/meter across both feed lines at the same
time, not by measuring the difference between the 2 lines.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Hi, Frank.
I was just curious to see if Bob ever posted anything other than "for
sale" items. Guess not. Just looking at the pictures I would guess the
tuner doesn't work as described. I will keep my old Dentron.

73's
Paul, KD7HB