Old November 27th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
james james is offline

Default value of a 20 year old Astatic Silver Eagle Mic

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:12:39 -0800, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

|james wrote:
| On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:13:42 -0800, Jay in the Mojave
| wrote:
|
| |Yeah those MC60 mics are good mics. I had one and it sounded like
| |broadcast quality audio. If you can get our hands on a Sure 444 those
| |also great mic's. Yeah you will be taking to the space shuttle if your
| |not careful.
| |
| |------------------
|
| The Shure 444D is a very excellent microphone. By the way I talked to
| the Space Shuttle (STS-9) over 20 yrs ago.
|
| james
|
|James tell about your contact with the Shuttle. What equip ant ect
|
|Jay in the Mojave

I beleive it was a Motorola MX-300 handheld 5 watt unit into a four
element crossed yagi set up for circular polarization. It was a
duplicate of the same radio that flew on STS-9. It also helped to have
the one frequency that nobody in the amatuer community knew about
other than us at the club and those at Newington Conn. (home of the
ARRL). We had essentially a clear frequency to the shuttle and Dr.
Garriot.

james