Old November 26th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IBOCcrock IBOCcrock is offline

Default FAQ # 4 - Does HD Radio Technology work with AM Broadcasts Also ?

On Nov 26, 4:41�pm, RHF wrote:
On Nov 26, 1:23 pm, wrote:

"Presto: That iPhone is now a Radio!"

"Less than a month ago I posted about streaming radio coming to an
iPod near you.Now comes word of a SHOUTcast player for your iPhone
allowing you to stream thousands of stations to your phone (using WiFi
- or not). �It is inevitable that streaming (and stream-like cached)
music will be easily and widely available on mp3 players and/or mobile
phones. And sooner rather than later. What will make your radio
station different in this fast-coming world?"

http://www.hear2.com/2007/11/presto-that-iph.html

"Apple iRadio Brings Streaming Radio to iPhone, YAY"

iRadio, by Conceited Software, just received an update which brings it
much closer to being a valuable iPhone app. The app is basically a
SHOUTcast player for the iPhone that allows playing and browsing of
thousands of online stations. The app works best under WiFi, but is
not limited to it, and does work while using EDGE. There are still
many quarks to be worked out, but for the most part, we are impressed
with this early application.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/ira...g-radio-to-iph...

- Ha! Ha! It's over for HD Radio!

Out-of-Pocket Radio,

The Battery Life of Celphones used as Radio Music
& Info Listening Devices Sucks !

Show me a Celphone that when it is used as a Radio
can Play for 40~60 Hours on one Battery Charge.

Renowned Cambridge SoundWorks 820 HD Radio Designer :
Explains HD Radio -and- HD Radio Technology
"Frequently Asked Questions" [ FAQs ] -by- Fred Pinkertonhttp://www.hdradio.com/the_buzz.php?thebuzz=87
�.
Everyone Knows Traditional AM Radio's Sound is Mediocre.
�.
FAQ # 4 - Does HD Radio Technology work with AM Broadcasts Also ?http://groups.google.com/group/hd-ra...e368ceea0981b5
�.
-Note- The Answer Is Out There !
�.
hy dee ray dee oh ~ RHF
Hello and Welcome to the "HD Radio" NewsGroup
HD RADIO =http://groups.google.com/group/hd-radio/

Personalized music services are the future (Pandora, Last.fm, and
Slacker) - HD Radio is 15 year-old too-little-too-late technology!