Old November 26th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe Analssandrini Joe Analssandrini is offline

Default AR-7030+, and some random thoughts.

Hello.

Yours is a fine, well-reasoned posting and echoes my sentiments
exactly. There are a few very fine shortwave receivers being
manufactured today of which the AOR AR7030 'Plus' is one.

But, as you said, it may not be for everyone. Nonetheless, I feel that
there is no need for someone to make even "snide' comments about this
particular (or any other) receiver even if it is not your particular
cup of tea.

The only situation where negative or pejorative comments are warranted
is when a particular receiver has a design or construction flaw of
which other readers here may need to be made aware. This could also
apply to poor performance experienced by an owner by a particular
manufacturer, service department, or dealer.

But, as you so aptly stated, each of us has our own particular
favorites - and who is to say which is "best?"

I just dislike seeing my (or anyone's, for that matter) favorite being
"knocked" for no apparent reason. That was the crux of my argument.

Thank you again for this posting. I hope many people here take it to
heart.

Best,

Joe