Old November 27th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Burr Burr is offline

Default jet-engine type sounds

wrote in message
On Nov 26, 4:49 pm, "tom k in L.A." wrote:
what are those jet-engine type sounds i hear on certain frequencies?
it's not static, it's a tuned signal, but sounds like a jet engine.
thanks.

If you are on AM BCB, that would be IBOC. Of course, now we are going
to hear from you know who!

In the SF bay area, Clear Channel runs their IBOC at night. Also
another station that I don't recall the callsign because I don't
listen to it. It's near KNX.

I noticed KGO hasn't been running their IBOC during the day.

KNX1070!!!

LA News

I listen to it on the computer.

Burr