Old November 27th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Vincent antenna

Richard Fry wrote:

That DLM system radiated only about 59% of the power applied to it,
which is well below the ~95% radiated by a standard 1/4-wave monopole
using a "broadcast type" buried radial ground.

Check the numbers for yourself.

RF

Richard:

I built a few ...

One is on my sportster for 20m. Model on, I am using it!

Find me a better/ultra-light 1/2 wave mobile antenna which will mount to
my modified/snap-on fiberglass touring case--using my bike frame as a
counterpoise and still make it under trees/overpasses and I'll consider it!

This discussion, while interesting, is only an exercise in futility;
however, I understand the controversy surrounding this particular
antenna ... you are not the first, you won't be the last.

I just bought a new (2007) Buick Lacrosse, I suspect the Vincent antenna
is already buried in the wheels transmitting the tire pressure data to
the cars computer (I know the patent rights have already been purchased
for such.)

I am a humble software engineer with an interest in amateur radio and
learning more--if I were others, I'd investigate it for myself ... the
darn antenna is so easy to construct and play with.

Regards,
JS