Old November 27th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Vincent antenna

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:31:55 -0800 (PST), art
wrote:

It is able to radiate on its surface and is unable to radiate
as it returns down the center of the wire.
(assuming the antenna is not tubular)

Hi Arthur,

Very interesting assumption. I suppose (and that is always a risk
with a renowned theoretician such as yourself) that you have an
instrument that can detect the difference in radiation between a solid
wire and a tubular one - all other externalities being the same?

No, I suppose not. You've been burnt too many times with your own
results confounding your expectations. However, putting that grief
aside (and it must be a terrible burden to endure), if a hollow
element were filled with a custard center so that it was in
equilibrium, would it radiate?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC