Old November 27th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gene Fuller Gene Fuller is offline

Default Vincent antenna

John Smith wrote:

I just bought a new (2007) Buick Lacrosse, I suspect the Vincent antenna
is already buried in the wheels transmitting the tire pressure data to
the cars computer (I know the patent rights have already been purchased
for such.)

Perhaps not.

The press release from URI at the end of August 2007 says, in part:

"First, the U.S. Patent Office awarded him a patent for his system and
method for providing a distributed loaded monopole antenna with all 29
of its claims (or applications) earlier this year. The patent is pending
in several foreign countries.

Then the Lear Corporation, ranked 130 among Fortune 500 companies,
licensed six of those applications, which are now in development. Lear
is one of the world’s largest suppliers of automotive interior systems
and components."

Since auto companies take years to add anything new, it seem unlikely
that your Buick is already blessed with a Vincent/Lear DLM.

I wonder which 6 claims were licensed by Lear? Of the 29 claims, there
are 4 independent claims, 1, 18, 21, and 24, with the remainder
dependent claims. It seems unlikely that anyone would license random
dependent claims, so it would appear that 18, 21, and/or 24 would be the
most likely candidates.

73,
Gene
W4SZ