Old November 29th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Loading Coils; was : Vincent antenna

On 29 Nov, 14:52, "Tom Donaly" wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Tom Donaly wrote:
Your problem is
that you've become so enamored of your little reflection theory that
you insist that only a set of transmission lines 90 degrees in total
length can resonate. Too bad your education isn't complete or you'd know
this isn't so.

Obviously, I am not talking about *physical* length.
The "90 degrees" is the total *electrical* length.
Please tell us how you get resonance out of a stub
that is *electrically* 45 degrees long? No resistive
or reactive components are allowed. Here's your
chance to nail me to the wall.

And, if the total electrical length isn't 90 degrees, you
add a few degrees to the loading coil to make it come out right.
Very ingenious.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

I feel that many are disregarding the basics with respect to antennas!
It is one thing to say that an antenna is resonant which amateurs
are interested in for matching purposes. This is totally different
from being resonant AND in equilibrium which is demanded by Maxwell,
Newton and others when in the pursuit of the sciences
Art Unwin KB9MZ....xg